A new version of the Arduino IDE (1.6.1) is available at the download page!
A month ago we released the version 1.6.0 of the Arduino IDE. We then received lots of feedback: issues on Github, emails on the developers mailing list and, most important, forum messages. We fixed a lot of issues, here is a brief list:
- Better Yún discovery mechanism (thanks Ron Guest)
- Better SoftwareSerial library (thanks Matthijs Kooijman)
- Native dialogs on MacOSX on the Java 7+ experimental version
- Improved library name matching, so IRemote library won’t conflict with RobotIRremote library (thanks Paul Stoffregen)
- Fixed bug on Windows when attempting to open a sketch by double clicking it
As usual, the complete list of fixes and credits is available here.
We are already working on release 1.6.2, with some very useful features and user experience improvements. Stay tuned!
[original story: Arduino Blog]