We’re just days away from Maker Faire Rome — The European Edition, taking place October 18-20th at Fiera di Roma. This year’s Arduino booth, which will be located inside Pavilion 8, will be broken up into three areas:
- Education: We will be exhibiting our lineup of Arduino Education kits — Science Kit Physics Lab, CTC 101, CTC Go!, and Engineering Kit — and offer visitors hands-on demonstrations to learn more about the Arduino educational journey, covering students and educators from secondary school to university.
- Makers: We will be showcasing the Dark Side Rover, the grand prize winner of the Ultimate Arduino Challenge contest. Nicolas Gilbert and his class, the authors of the project, will be at the booth and organize some practical demonstrations with the robots.
- Arduino IoT Cloud and connected products: In this section, we’ll highlight two demos connected to the Arduino IoT Cloud. There will also be an exhibition of our MKR family boards, featuring a range of connectivity options like WiFi, Bluetooth, NB-IoT, Sigfox and LoRa.
The Arduino booth will include an interactive basketball installation as well — all visitors will have the opportunity to win some Arduino boards, goodies, and much more!
Finally, members of the Arduino team will join Maker Faire Rome’s program all weekend long.
- On Thursday, October 17th, Massimo Banzi and Valentina Chinnici, Arduino Education Product Manager, will participate in Maker Faire’s opening conference ‘Groundbreakers – re:making the future’ (5:45pm, Ex caserma Guido Reni, via Guido Reni 7 — register here).
- On Saturday, October 19th, Massimo will give his traditional ‘State of Arduino,’ discussing the latest developments and future challenges for the company (4pm, Stage B in Pavilion 8).
If you are planning to attend, please visit Maker Faire’s Rome website to find the full agenda, plus other important information. Finally, don’t forget to invite your friends and post on social media tagging @Arduino and using the hashtag #MFR19.